Tuesday 8 March 2011

Those Snappy Red Boots


Two things I can't wait for.  Number one: marrying Jeff.  Number two: cutting a rug to a good old fashioned polka played by one of my favourite bands, alongside 80 of my favourite people.

There is nothing old fashioned about The Red Boot Quartet.  Just cutting edge, gypsy cool.  These four uber talented musicians have Eastern European swing so down, it practically oozes from their pores.  The good sports agreed to throw in a couple of old school polkas, so I could fulfill an old school dream.

As a kid I never dreamt about the big, poofy dress.  But the one wedding thought I've carried with me since childhood, was born at a Ukrainian New Year's party.

Maybe it was the freedom of the 70's, but something about the way everyone moved when the polka played seemed so easy and natural and free.  It was a good time to be a kid, and always great to dance surrounded by family and friends to a catchy, simple beat.

On which page of the frugal bible does it tell you how to afford a live band? Great music is one of those things I can't compromise on.  To me sparky live music provokes interaction, encourages connectivity, and just brings everything to life.

The Red Boot Quartet happens to be surprisingly affordable.  It helps that my talented sister is the fiddler in the band. I hope they bring CD's to sell.  http://redbootquartet.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment