Wednesday 9 March 2011

Diamonds and Pearls


Who knew a few rhinestones on a hairband could run you hundreds of dollars?  I was not counting on the financial burden of the hair accessory.

Then, as these things tend to go, I found a hairband I loved, and had to have.  It's not the one in the picture.

I can now easily identify the behaviour that sets in when I'm about to seriously blow a budget.  It has panic written all over it.  The hairband situation was perfect.  Here I was, like a deer caught in headlights, with no idea what these things cost, suddenly realizing I needed one. 

Mom and I found the sparkly rhinestone piece at a proper bridal shop in Vancouver.  It really was spectacular.  And at $175, it was hardly the most expensive.  But I am a simple girl.  When will I ever step out in a rhinestone hairband again?

So we left Sparkles in her display case. 

How much do I love my about to be, mother in law?

I told her about the latest development.  She put two sparkly hairbands in the mail from Ontario for me.  They are my sister in law's.  She wore one for her wedding.  The second was an oopsie.

I got to pick from two. 

I now have 'something borrowed' and something meaningful from my new family to wear next Friday. And I happend to save 175 bucks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment