Thursday 17 March 2011

Lots to blush about this morning


Last night I experienced the Rolls Royce of bridal showers.  There's even a BFB cocktail now:  vanilla vodka, granny smith apple, lemon, vanilla sugar and thyme.  It was created by Best Woman M's husband's brother -- a bartender and cocktail artist in Germany. 

Perhaps it's a function of getting married at 38.  I am surrounded by sophisticated, accomplished women, who know how to throw a party.  Best Woman C has raised the bar to soaring, new heights.  S is just the hostess with the mostest.

No male stripper, no embarrassing games.  Just the finest nibbles, best whistle wetters, most ingenious and  craftiest touches (flower pots blooming with images of Jeff and me over the course of our lives).

The theme was more 'me' than I could have thunk up.  Most of the gifts are consumable, and personal.  Each guest brought a bottle of great wine, and a favourite family recipe, written on a card, with one or two key ingredients.  The Lucky Spring Roll recipe came with the wonton wrappers and vermicelli.  B's blue cheese burger recipe, came complete with Cashel Irish Blue.  I went home with close to 20 bottles of great wine, and even a thong, thanks to my sassy new mother in law!

There isn't much that takes my breath away.  But a room full of my Women of Influence, leaves me speechless.

1 comment:

  1. I Love the 'consumable gifts'!!! Sounds like pleasure all around! The big day is here~ I wish You all the VERY BEST~ and more of that pleasure!~ I'll be thinking of You all under the full Virgo Moon, dancing the polka and sharing love~ Can't wait for some 'apres'...Bon-Bon

    ReplyDelete