Thursday 17 February 2011

The Veil

Veil. Check.

Craigslist finally leads me to a bride who didn't pay too much in the first place, and was therefore willing to sell her tulle at price I could live with. I love C's list.  He lets me window shop and deal hunt in my pj's.  I can be bold with my offers and firm with my bottom line, comforted by the cloak of anonymity. 

I think the veil is perfect.  If not, I think it will do for the 20 minutes I will wear it.  I say this as if I'm not especially particular.  It's actually quite the opposite. I appreciate great craftsmanship and the best quality like it's a holy thing. I may be obsessed with good design. But I have learned to respect the mighty buck, or at least this: if I'm going to pay $180 for something, it will be something I can love and wear over and over and over again, for a while.

Cost of veil: $20.  Satisfaction of the hunt: Priceless.

30 days to go till nuptuals! Getting great review of invitations: a play on the way we met -- aboard an airplane! More to come on the invites later.

Ciao for now!

T

No comments:

Post a Comment