Friday 25 February 2011

The Bouquet

I met with a florist today, at a high end, organic food store.

The flower dilemna has been solved.  In fact, I think I may have unraveled a serious wedding budget secret. 

Susan was totally down with my frugal mission.  I can't tell you exactly what my bouquets will be like, because that's the X factor that makes the price right.

Here's what I learned today.  If you're not 'married' to a colour scheme, if you're okay with locally grown blooms, or at least those that are in their seasonal prime, there's room to move on price.

Bottom line, I love the work this florist does, so I trust her.  It's a trade off.  Her sense of style and design jives with mine.  To meet my budget, she'll choose the most economical blooms day of, keeping my preferences in mind. (I'm not a fan of babies breath or the dafffodil).  But here's the reality check, I also know my 'day' won't be ruined if I'm less than thrilled.

In the end, I'm spending $253.00 CDN on 1 bridal bouquet, 3 bridesmaids' bouquets, 2 flower girl bouquets, 3 corsages and 6 boutennieres, made by a high end florist who has total creative freedom, whose sense of design I trust. (Keep in mind I've been quoted $85 for bridal bouquet alone!).

Promise to post pictures of end result...

No comments:

Post a Comment