Monday 16 May 2011

Bikram comes after my butt.

I have survived my first hot yoga class.

Barely. 

I have sweated profusely and cleansed myself of toxins.  I may have burned 12-hundred calories. I'm pretty sure I watched my belly fat melt before my sweating eyeballs.

The workout is one thing.  Getting used to contortion in humidity more suited to a eucalyptus steam at the spa, is quite another.

At one point, I actually thought I might collapse. But ego would not let me down.  My weakness would be kept from my hardbodied classmates.

I have been told  5 to 6 times a week for as little as 3, and a firmer version of myself will emerge.  I'm also counting on the better sleeps and emotional balance that came with running.  I've been pining for those goodies since a bad case of plantar fasciitis, (a foot pain as bad as its name makes it sound), made me hang up my runners for now.

So back to Bikram I go. By the way, the Bikram studio at Lansdowne in Richmond, is offering a special introductory rate: 2 weeks, $30, for all the hot, sweaty yoga you can handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment